The origin of „Carosserie Graber“ goes back to 1925 when Hermann Graber started as an independent coachbuilder in Wichtrach near Bern. In 1929 a Panhard-Levassor bodied by Graber won first place at the St-Moritz Concours d’Elegance which gave him valuable and wide publicity. In the 30’s Graber became World famous for his beautifull convertible and coupés body designs and for his perfect craftmanship
Until his death in 1970 Hermann Graber designed and built over 800 Coachworks on chassis from Alvis, Aston-Martin, Bentley, Bugatti, Duesenberg, Lagonda, Packard, Rolls-Royce, Rover and others.
With his death in 1970, the Coachbuilding stopped in Wichtrach, but the Work- and Bodyshop was carried on by his widow until 1980.
From 1980 until 1996 Graber was one of the official Swiss Ferrari Dealer and very active in the complete restoration of Italian and German sport cars. In 2001 Graber Sportgarage merged with the workshop of Markus Scharnhorst and moved all activites to Toffen, where the location was bigger and more appropriate to the activites of the company.
Today Graber Sportgarage is mainly focused on the service, maintainance, race preparation and trading of classic and historic sports cars.